Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Lace 'em Up

My name is Matthew McGreevy. I'm a freshman in the E.W. Scripps School of Journalism at Ohio University with an interest in broadcast journalism. In four years, I would like to graduate and become a play-by-play broadcaster for the Columbus Blue Jackets. 

I've been told that most commentators don't get their dream job until their mid-forties. The bright side is that if the Jackets stay on pace, I might be in the booth for their first playoff victory!

If it wasn't already obvious, I am an avid hockey fan. When the Columbus Blue Jackets came to the city as an expansion team 11 seasons ago, I was hooked. Now, I follow all the latest news in the NHL tune into to NBC Sports and FSN Ohio to catch the televised games. 

I intend to use this blog to write about the happenings around the league, specifically in Columbus. Occasionally I intend to give news from another sport or post a link to an interesting article. 

Since I am working to become a commentator, I have been recording myself call the Bobcats' home hockey games. If possible, I will upload some clips.


No comments:

Post a Comment