Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Get Involved!


            Season’s greetings, salutations, and hopefully no hallucinations (unless of course you are in such a severe state of delusion that you are having visions of the Blue Jackets anywhere but the bottom of the league, in which case continue having hallucinations.)
            Cross Check has been active for more than one month now and I have begun the improvement phase. The reason I am sharing this with you is because I don’t want this blog to tank in the same fashion that “Boomer” did last season.   
            You might be wondering what I am talking about because clearly my writing is not as provocative as a cylindrical shaped mascot. What I mean is, I want to get feedback before I make a monumental faux pas.
            To this point, the majority of my content has been game recaps. Since these recaps are available on hundreds of other outlets, I have decided I must branch out. The game summaries will come in addition to newer material.
            The key here is to figure out what else I can put on the blog. After weeks of sacrificing singing time for deep thought, I finally emerged from the shower with a quality idea. Q & A.
            At the end of each post, there is a section for comments. I’m asking you to start commenting or asking questions if you have them. Your input can range from questions about the Blue Jackets, clarifications on hockey terms, or praises to my ever so masculine mustache. If this works out as expected, I can respond more directly to you.
            Another opportunity for you to participate is the poll in the upper right hand corner of the page. Each week, I will change the question and discuss the results from the previous week.
            Any and all ideas are appreciated so tell me what you think. It’s much easier to write when I know what people want to hear about.
            Thanks for reading and for those of you following the blog thank you for the support. Carry the Flag!

No comments:

Post a Comment